Care of Garcia Bits and Spurs:
All Garcia inlaid bits and spurs are available in Blue, Brown, Black, & Oxidized finish.
• To keep your new bits and spurs looking new, we recommend to wash with clean water and dry well after each use.
• Silver OVERLAY bits can be polished with your favorite silver polish. Or, baking soda and ammonia paste will work as well as anything. Rinse well and dry with a clean rag. Air dry with a fan or hair dryer whenever possible.
• DO NOT USE SILVER POLISH ON A BLUED BIT OR SPURS AS THE POLISH WILL TAKE OFF THE BLUING.
• To polish our inlay bits, use a standard pencil eraser and a microfiber cloth. Rub the eraser on any tarnished silver and then shine it up with the microfiber. Bluing is temporary and will be replaced by the oxidized metal when the color wears off.
• All mouth pieces are made with “sweet iron”, using copper striping as often as possible. This is to keep the taste horses like and to keep a moist mouth. “A wet mouth is a soft one.”
• All Oxidized and black bits and spurs are a custom order. (We do not stock these two colors) Custom orders take 60-90 days.